Most everyone can agree: there is nothing better than a great night’s sleep. However, a poll by the National Sleep Foundation found that 60% of Americans said they experience a sleep problem every night or almost every night.
Windom Area Health offers sleep studies, close to home. We partner with SomniTech and your physician to conduct the study. Steps include:
- Initial exam and referral by a physician
- Schedule sleep study locally at Windom Area Health.
- Arrive at the hospital in the late evening, abstaining from alcohol, caffeine and naps for periods prior to the study.
- Bring pajamas and other night time rituals (books, pillows, and TV are allowed).
- A sleep technician will be assigned to the study; electrodes are placed on the body and scalp to monitor sleep.
- The technician will monitor the patient through the night with the study concluding between 5:00 – 6:00am.
- Results are sent to the referring physician.
- Abnormal results may result in further testing, a CPAP or other treatment.
Contact your physician to initiate a sleep study.Find More Hospital Services